- Preheat oven to 130°F or the lowest temp.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- Combine in a pan and heat on the stove to warm. Make sure it’s warm, not hot.
- Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 packets of yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, mix it up... let the yeast activate.
- Use 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup unbleached or raw flour, rotate adding 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup oats one at a time: add... fold... add… fold... (make sure you use a wooden spoon).
- Keep folding and adding until you get a good elasticity, then set aside.
- Spray loaf pans or use olive oil to coat.
- Sprinkle loaf pans with corn meal to get a good layer!
- Split the dough in half, filling the baking dish. It will spill over if you fill it to the top. That’s not what you want.
- Put the pans in the oven to rise for 10 minutes, then take them out to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, then bake for 20 minutes.