Poppy Seed Honey Glazed Ham & Cheese Sliders
Published: September 29, 2022
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the butter sauce. Set aside and let cool.
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice the rolls in half horizontally, keeping the top and bottom halves separate. Spread the Dijon mustard evenly over the cut sides of both the tops and bottoms of the rolls.
- Place the bottom half of the bread, cut side up, in a single layer in a three-quart rectangular baking dish (16.25 inches wide, 9.5 inches deep, 2.25 inches high). You’ll need to cut four squares out and place three into one of the ends of the dish to make it fit. There will be one square that won’t fit in the baking dish, so feel free to do whatever you want with the extra.
- Place half of the cheese in an even layer over the bread. Top with the ham, followed by the remaining cheese. Cover with the roll tops to match the shape of the bottom rolls.
- Evenly spoon your butter sauce over the top of the rolls, letting it drip over and around each of the sandwich corners and down the sides.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes. (Use 4-5 toothpicks to hold up the foil so that it doesn’t touch the butter sauce.) Then, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the top is golden brown and toasted. Let cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
- Using a large spatula (preferably a metal one) separate the sliders in the pan. Serve warm or room temperature. (Optional: Serve with Sriracha on the side if you like a little extra heat!)