- Mix the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs alternately with flour.
- Add in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Place the batter in a large greased (using the margarine) and floured pan in the middle of a cold oven. You can use vegetable spray or baking spray for this also, as greasing and flouring can be inconsistent. Note: The cake must be started in a cold oven!
- Bake at 325°F (162°C) for approximately 1.5 hours. Do not open oven the door at any time until the cake is done or until roughly 5 minutes before expected in order to check for doneness (toothpick works great for this: if you see anything on the toothpick, it needs to cook for a wee bit longer).
- After removing the cake from the oven, let it sit for 5-7 minutes before inverting the pan for removal.