- Combine the warm water and oil in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, yeast and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture over the water/oil combo and mix with your hands.
- Once thoroughly combined, empty onto a floured surface and knead for 10-12 minutes. If the dough feels wet, then knead for a few minutes longer. Resist the urge to add flour. Place the dough in a clean, floured bowl and leave for 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise.
- Preheat oven to 430°C (220°F) or higher if possible. If you have a pizza stone, place it on the top shelf of the oven.
- Slice any of the ingredients for the topping.
- Once the dough is doubled in size, or when you can’t wait any longer, roll the dough out onto a piece of baking parchment.
- Smear the tomato puree over the pizza base. (It doesn’t need to be even or to cover the whole area.) Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Arrange the toppings however you like on the pizza. (Less is more with toppings. You want the pizza to cook well and become crispy on the bottom.)
- Transfer the pizza to the oven on the parchment paper when it is at full heat. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with a salad of leafy greens and balsamic vinegar.