- In a large pot, sauté the onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and 1/4 teaspoon salt over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, veggie broth and bay leaf. Stir to combine, then bring the mixture to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of chili to the blender and blend until smooth, then pour the blended mixture back into the pot.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix in the vinegar to taste.
- Serve and garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado slices and coconut yogurt!